Buy 4 or more CDs and receive a copy or either Tapestry 1, Tapestry 2, Pick of the Crop 2008 or Pick of the Crop 2009
Artist - Song Title - From CD
1. Nick and Liesl - Wyong River - Wyong River
2. Pete Hawkes – Summertime - Colors
3. Jan Preston - Eat Chocolate & Cry - Boogie Boots
4. Humbug – Red is the Rose - Celtic Circles
5. Nick Charles – George Town - Closer to Home
6. The BordererS & Serena Ryder – Higher Ground - A Time for Change
7. Glenys Anderson – Children of the Underground - Love Bites
8. Fred Smith – Texas - Texas
9. (The) Bond Traps – Out There - Out There
10. Wheelers & Dealers – Mac’s Delight - Full House
11. Liz Frencham & Shannon Barnett – Black Rover - Duets "You & Me"
12. Tom Bolton – Little Star - When I Cross the River
13. Tiffany Eckhardt – Fly Away - Perfect Day
14. (The) Barleyshakes – Jack of all Trades - Pearls & Emeralds
15. Loaded Dog – Winnepig in Winter - That There dog o'mine
16. Mic Conway’s National Junk Band – Consume - Corporate Chook
17. Mothers of Intention – Tamlin/ The Garden of Jane Delawney - Watersong
CD Review by John Williams
I love a smorgasbord.
You can have heaps of what you like and ignore what you don’t.
This compilation CD put together by the magazine you are currently reading is a great idea.
On one CD you get to experience seventeen different artists.
Naturally it is hoped that you will like what you hear and purchase the artist’s whole CD from Trad & Now Magazine’s extensive mail order catalogue.
The other great idea is that you get this CD free when you subscribe to the magazine direct rather than purchasing at a newsagent.
“Subscribers are sustainers” as another magazine puts it.
Direct subscription means all the money goes to the producer of the magazine and cuts out middlemen.
This enables the magazine to continue to grow and provide the services we all enjoy.
Here endeth the lesson!
The publisher has promised to double my salary for a positive review.
I get paid nothing now so if I double that……Nup, I’ll have to get out the calculator.
Now to the music on the CD.
I listened to a number of my favorite artists from many festivals and enjoyed them immensely.
These artists are already in my personal CD collection, Jan Preston (Maldon), The Borderers, (Port Fairy), Fred Smith (Canberra), Liz Frencham (Canberra), Tiffany Eckhardt (Canberra), The Barleyshakes (Port Fairy), Mic Conway’s National Junk Band (Canberra).
I liked all of these artists when I first saw them and bought a CD.
There were other names I recognized and hadn’t caught up with but will at my next festival outing.
If you subscribe and get this CD, it will help you to plan your festivals in the same way.
There was one track I particularly related to by Loaded Dog, ‘Winnipeg in Winter’.
I spent a year in Winnipeg.
My standing joke is that I left Sydney on the 31st December and it was plus 38 degrees and arrived in Winnipeg on 2nd January and it was minus 38 degrees (true story!).
I know where the band is coming from!
The CD is a great compilation of easy to listen to tracks.
Why not subscribe to the magazine and get it for free.
Note I also listened to Pick of the Crop 2008. This one had eighteen great tracks and was another great listening experience.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 15 December, 2008.